Sunday, March 18, 2012

Static Electricity

Today I rubbed a balloon on my soft hair. It felt sore. It was hurting alot. We charged the balloon with our hair or something else. Then the balloon I had made some balls jump onto it. I jumped as well. It was really scary. It made me drop my pink balloon. The white balloon Mrs Hartley was holding, she charged with William's head. The salt and pepper was jumping on to the balloon. It sounded weird. It was awesome. By Ayla.

We learned how static electricity works. We charged a balloon on William's head. By Jack.



To charge the balloon you need to rub the balloon on your hair, to make it stick to your hair. I got a balloon and put the balloon in some stirofoam balls and it sticks. Today Mrs Hartley mixed black pepper and salt, it stuck to the balloon. It sounded like rain. By Caleb.

Today we were doing Static Electricity. We had to charge the balloon by rubbing it on the table. We had little balls and they stuck to the balloon. It also stuck to the wall. It stuck to my hair, it stuck to tissue paper. I had tons of fun. We mixed the salt and pepper in a bowl. We charged the balloon on William's head. The pepper went on the balloon and some salt went on the balloon. By Taryn.


Today we did electricity, I rubbed my balloon on my head. I got 6 balls on my balloon.
By Aston.


We rubbed a balloon on our hair and charged it up. We used string. The string didn't stick. We heard the salt and the black pepper pop onto the balloon. By Chynna.




Today we did static electricity. First Mrs Hartley gave everyone a balloon. Then we charged our balloons up by rubbing them on our heads. First I tried the little white balls and it worked. I also tried tissue paper but that didn't work. Then I tried the wall but it definitely did not work. We had to charge up a white balloon and we used salt and pepper. First Mrs Hartley charged the balloon on William's head. It made a sound like rain; shhhh. By Aman.

Today we all got a balloon. We charged the balloon on my hair. It was cool because it lifted up my hair. I charged the balloon again. I did it with little beads. 9 beads went on to my balloon. That was awesome. Today we got a balloon and Mrs Hartley charged the balloon on William's and my head. Salt and pepper mixed together. It sounded like rain falling down. By Keanu.


Today Mrs Hartley charged a balloon. There was salt and pepper mixed. We did static electricity. We charged a balloon by rubbing it on William's hair. The sound of the salt and pepper was cccccc. By Ansh.


I scrubbed my orange balloon on my head and my hair stood up. The salt and pepper jumped on the balloon. By Ethan.


We charged a balloon with static electricity. I rubbed it on my head. It stuck to a little ball. I got a balloon and we got a bowl of salt and pepper. It stuck to the balloon. By Fynn.



Today we rubbed a balloon on our hair and it hurt and tickled. The girls hair boffed up and it was funny. I liked to rub it on my head. I got about four beans on my ballloon. Today we put a balloon on salt and pepper. Mrs Hartley charged the balloon on William's head. The salt and pepper floated up to the balloon. It sounded like rain drops pittering on the roof. I thought it looked cool. It liked it when Mrs Hartley put the balloon on the salt and pepper. By Zaymia.

Our class had static electricity today and that means things stick to it. It mean's still. I charged my pink balloon on my head, then I tested it to see if it worked on my hair and it worked! I was very surprised. There was also tissue paper so I had a go. Then I tried it on the whiteboard but it didn't stick for long though. I also did it on the wall too but it stumbled down the black wall. Next I did it on the black and red pencil. I tried and tried and tried and it stuck there for about a second. Wow! I was so surprised that I did that. I tried to show the teacher but I couldn't; I was still very happy about it. I was going to show my lovely teacher Mrs Hartley. Then I tried it on the wall, it was so fun. The next day we had the same thing but just what was the different thing, was Chelsie mixed and mixed some salt and pepper in something like a bowl (but it wasn't a bowl though). Then we charged the balloon on William's head. It sounded very much like p.itter, patter rain going up and down. By Sofia

Today I rubbed a balloon and it made the balloon get charged. I tested some white balls and they stuck onto the balloon. I charged it on my hair and it rose up high. I did it on the wall and it kind of stuck. I put it on my back and it was sticking onto my back. In the end I tried it on the floor and all of the balls rose. I tried it with salt and pepper and they jumped onto the balloon. When I heard it, it sounded like rain. I saw all of the pepper and salt jump up to the balloon. By William.


Today we did electricity with balloons. We charged them up with our hair. The balloons made them get stuck to it. I got one on it. My balloon's light pink. We looked at the girls hair. It went up, it was funny. We rubbed it on our hair. Today Mrs Hartley was mixing salt and pepper. We charged the balloon on William's head. Then we put the balloon on the salt and pepper. It went onto the balloon. It sounded like rain. We got to watch it. By Leah.

This morning we got a balloon and we put it in the balls. Then I went to the tissue paper. The we had five more minutes. This morning Chelsie stirred the pepper in the little bowl. It sounds like rain. By Jessie.




Today we made static electricity with the balls and the balloons. We charged the balloon up. We put the balloon on the balls. We drew the pictures that we did. Today Mrs Hartley showed us how salt and pepper gets on the balloon. Some kids tasted the salt and pepper. The salt and pepper sounded like rain. By Jasmine.


We rubbed the balloon on our hair. When we charged our balloon on our hair, we tried to make things stay on the balloon. We tried to get four things like balls, paper, string, pencils and little bits from the wand to stick to the balloon. We played with our balloons. We had a great time learning how static electricity works. By Kayla.



Today my hair was full of static electricity because it was charging the balloon. After we put the balloon slightly on top but not on top, just slightly above the balls. Not up to the wall. I put my balloon in tissue paper and the white balls. Then on the wand, then in the balls again. At first Mrs Hartley said for me and William to come up to the front and showed us how it works. It was fun. This time we charged the balloon on William's head. I heard the salt and pepper go pop, pop, pop onto the balloon. By Chelsie.

Today we got a balloon and we got it on our hair. I rubbed it by myself and it had a sound. I loved it. Mrs Hartley put the balloon on the salt and pepper. Someone said the salt and pepper had a sound. By Joesy.



Today we were making static electricity by rubbing it on our hair and then it made electricity. Then we got to get a box of balls and they stuck. I tried the tissue paper, it stuck to everything. Today we had a balloon and we had salt and pepper. We mixed it together and we got the salt and pepper to stick to the balloon. We tried again and again and it worked. It sounded like pitter patter rain. By Max.


Today we stuck balloons in balls. We rubbed the balloon in our hair and then we tried to put it in balls. They stuck to the balloon. When we rubbed the balloons in our hair, our hair stuck up. My balloon was charged a lot so I kept putting it on stuff. My balloon was red, I liked putting the balloon on stuff. Today we put one balloon in salt and pepper. First we charged the balloon. It looked like rain going up. Some people ate the salt and pepper and said it was yum. Some people thought it was yuck. By Brooklyn.


Today we did static electricity. I charged a balloon on my hair. I tried to stick it on the wall but it didn't work. I tried the balls too and it did work. I tried it on my hair, it did work. It was very fun. Today Mrs Hartley charged a balloon. There was a bowl full of salt and pepper. We charged the balloon on William and Keanu. It sounded like snow. It was great fun. I ate some. I liked to do it. By Nino.


We learnt about static electricity. We got little white balls. We got some tissue paper. We used electricity from a balloon. We tested some stuff, it was fun. I put it on my back and it stuck. It was so, so fun. The balloon stuck on other things. We got a balloon. Then we got salt and pepper. Then we charged the balloon. Then we put it near the salt and pepper and it came up. It sounded like rain. It was fun. By Jaden.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your photos and stories about Static Electricity. I loved reading them all and looking at the pictures.
    Tani - Chynna's Mum :)

    ReplyDelete